Running a business today is a balancing act of keeping costs low whist maximising income. As business owners we rely on our service providers to offer us a good deal. Thanks to EC regulations and out-dated infrastructures we are often paying far more for electricity than we need to.
Since 1993 all electrical equipment designed for the European market must carry a CE mark. This mark shows that the item will work across the harmonised range 207v – 253v. In the UK electricity is supplied at an average of 242v; a supply which can often be as high as 253v. Critically lots of our equipment works most efficiently at 220v.
Basically any power supply over this voltage is wasting energy – energy you are needlessly paying for. That’s where a fit-&-forget Voltage optimiser from Optimized Energy comes in.
How much money am I wasting paying for electricity I’m not using?
By oversupplying your equipment with electricity, you are paying for energy you don’t need. This really mounts up when you work in an industry that needs to leave electrical devices running all day long. Have a look through the list of everyday items you can save money on.
- Beauticians – Heating wax? Using hair dryers and straighteners?
- Manufacturing plants – use electrical machinery? Pumps? Fans? Air compressors? Lights?
- Hotels, restaurants and pubs – Hot food areas on all day? Extractor fans?
- Kitchen appliances? Lights? Pumps? Hand dryers?
- Offices – Air conditioning and lighting on all day?
- Retailers – heating your shops? Spotlights and tills on all day?
- Gyms – Air conditioning or fans cooling working flat out? Cafeteria with fridges and coffee machines?
- Spa & pool – Heating pumps on all day? Filters functioning 24/7?
Not only does the power oversupply to equipment mean you are paying for more electricity, but it shortens the life of your appliances. By reducing voltage supply to your equipment with an Eco-Max voltage optimiser, it is possible to make a substantial energy saving and prolong the life of your company’s assets.
- Instant savings on your electricity bills
- Fully Guaranteed
- Easily installed by qualified electrician
- Fit and forget, no maintenance
- Made in the UK
- Typical Return on Investment of 25-50%
- 2-4 year Payback
- Electrical equipment lasts longer with fewer breakdowns
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Works with solar PV, wind turbines and heat pumps
- Remote Monitoring system – See What You Save!
How do I know it works?
You will be able to see for yourself exactly what you are saving, in real time, anytime and from any PC, Tablet or smartphone with the remote monitoring system…. and below are just some of the businesses who currently save using an Eco-max Commercial Voltage Optimiser from Optimized Energy.
EVEN LARGER BUSINESS?
Try energy saving on an industrial scale
• Have you noticed additional charges on your electricity bill, sometimes called ‘Reactive Power Charges’?
• Are you running close to your supply capacity, perhaps even occasionally blowing fuses?
• Do you need to add equipment but dont think you have enough spare capacity?
Eco-Max Power Factor Correction (PFC) may be the answer.
Most businesses will have some inductive loads that leads to its supply having poor power factor and this can lead to your electricity supplier charging additional ‘reactive power charges’ and ‘service capacity charges’, in addition to your standard KWhr charges itemised on your electricity bills. Even if you haven’t noticed these charges yet, as suppliers utilise more of their smart meters functions, most are gradually beginning to add these charges and we have seen some bills rise over 20% overnight.
Poor power factor also means unnecessary increased current is drawn from the supply and the threat of blowing main fuses if the supply capacity is exceeded.
Installing Eco-Max Power Factor Correction will reduce your overall power consumption, leading to lower electricity bills and reduced charges. Due to the effects of power stabilisation, heat reduction, and voltage drop reductions there will be an overall improvement in power quality resulting in increased life expectancy of electrical equipment and leading to an increase in your supply spare capacity.
Generally installed at the main incoming supply point all our Power Factor Correction solutions are bespoke and tailored to a specific site’s requirements. Our units are manufactured in the UK, using quality components and steel enclosures to prevent corrosion and exposure to harsh environments.
Did you know that a lightning strike miles away can cause a surge that can damage appliances in your business ?
Modern businesses are full of expensive electrical and electronic systems, yet these critical systems are at risk from the regular occurrences of transient over-voltage surges.
Lightning strikes, and other power grid surges from sub-station switching and power cuts etc are the main causes of electrical device failure so protection against these over-voltages should be a fundamental part of our electrical system configurations.
Fitted quickly and easily by a qualified electrician, it will provide you with peace of mind whilst it silently protects all your electrical equipment. Lightning and surge protection can be installed at your incoming supply point, or at the supply point of a specific piece of equipment to be protected, or where necessary, both.
Remember, surges can even be caused from within your own business from such as your machinery starting and stopping, and these can gradually break down insulation of electronic devices, its not only about a lightning strike.
Don’t be like most people who wait for the next surge to already have damaged your expensive equipment before you act!
Copyright © 2016-2020 Optimized Energy.